Comes with free PDF and ebook downloads.
A demon gave you superpowers and it demands EEEEVIL!
In Better Angels, you play a supervillain trying to control the demon that gives you amazing powers—and you play the demon for the player next to you, pushing that player’s supervillain to greater and greater acts of supervillainy.
Do too much evil and the demon might take control. Too little, and—well, it’s a demon. It will find ways to punish you.
Better Angels focuses directly on characters’ moral stances. Is your villain Insightful or Devious? Cunning or Patient? Is your Courage as great as your Cruelty? Those characteristics drive your superpowers. They shape your relationship with your demon. And they are shaped by it in every scene.
Prepare yourself. There are diabolical inventions to create. Enemies and rivals to thwart.
AN ENTIRE WORLD TO CONQUER!
All it will cost is your soul.
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR BETTER ANGELS
- No Soul Left Behind, a massively EEEEEVIL campaign
- Better Angels GM Screen
- "The ‘Good,’ the ‘Bad,’ and the Hunky": a Better Angels scenario
PREVIEWS AND INTERVIEWS
- "Soul-Catcher in the Rye," a Better Angels story by Greg Stolze
- Greg Stolze and ‘Better Angels’ on Fear the Boot
- Questions Answered
- Better Angels Character Creation
- Better Angels Example of Play: Felix, Kazoth, Shining Diamond, and the Axe-Hole
- Preview: "What Are We Doing, and Why Is It Fun?"
- The RPG.net thread where it all began
- The Kickstarter project that made it a reality
- The Spared and the Spoiled: The playtest run of No Soul Left Behind in 13 episodes
- 'The Good, the Bad, and the Hunky': Actual Play audio at Role Playing Public Radio
- The Family Business: Greg Stolze runs a game for The Drunk and the Ugly
TIPS, TOOLS, AND DOWNLOADS
- Character Sheet and Cheat Sheet
- ‘Better Angels’ Character App
- Six Tips for Running a Better Better Angels Game
- Successful Supervillainy in ‘Better Angels’
- Better Angels – One-Roll Supervillain Soap Opera
- ‘Better Angels’ Tips: Player Investment
- ‘Better Angels’ Tips: Playing Better Demons
- ‘Better Angels’ Tips: Picking Your Primary Sinful Strategy
- Devilish Optimization
- Statting Up the Opposition
- Guards, Goons and Gawkers
- Instant Adventures for Better Angels
- ‘Better Angels’ Story Seed: When the Levee Breaks
- ‘Better Angels’ Story Seed: The Spectacular Wing-Man!
- 'Better Angels' Story Seed: The Bad Penny Turns Up
- ‘Better Angels’ Story Seed: The Dark Blight Rises
- ‘Better Angels’ Story Seed: Fall Comes ’Round Again
- ‘Better Angels’ Story Seed: It Should Be ‘WunderKIND,’ Dammit!
THE VILLAINOUS NINE
- The Cat O’ Nine Tails, Vessel of the Villainous Nine
- Big Shot
- The Mess
- Guts and Brains
- Desecrator Dread
- General Null
OTHER VILLAINS AND SO-CALLED HEROES
POWERS, ASPECTS AND DEVILISH DEVICES
- Retrocognition – A New Power for ‘Better Angels’
- The Inviso-Gun — A New Gadget for ‘Better Angels’
- The Devil’s Dollar – A Gadget for ‘Better Angels’
- The Dysfashionator – A Gadget for ‘Better Angels’
- The Evil Eye – A New Power for ‘Better Angels’
- Aquasanguinator – A New Gadget for ‘Better Angels’
- Hanging Curse – A New Power for ‘Better Angels’
- The Villain’s Glass – A New Gadget for ‘Better Angels’
- False Memories – A New Power for ‘Better Angels’
- New Gadget: 31% Omniscience
- Powers and Aspects Summary
- New Power: Regeneration
- New Aspects: An Utmost Foulness, Aqua-Form, and Glory
- New Power: Crime-Time
- New Gadget: Barristerminator
See more: Better Angels at the Arc Dream blog.
- Better Angels Message Board
- The Cult of ORE mailing list
- Greg Stolze and Arc Dream Publishing's Shane Ivey and Dennis Detwiller on Google+
- Arc Dream Publishing, Greg Stolze, Shane Ivey and Dennis Detwiller on Facebook
- Greg Stolze and Arc Dream Publishing's Shane Ivey and Dennis Detwiller on Twitter
- "TREMBLE BEFORE MY AWESOME...wait let me try that again" (Sufficient Velocity review)
- "It’s way more than just a superhero game, and it’s not the same as what Arc Dream Publishing has done before." (Roleplayers Chronicle, Part 1)
- "A brilliant idea, with brilliant mechanics, and frankly, the best game I will have purchased in 2013." (RPG Grognard)
- "A super powered thumbs up for Better Angels." (Geek Native)